Coat of Arms
Arms were granted to Andrew Gammell of Drumtochty in 1841.
'Argent a chevron between three hearts fussways in chief gules joined and
pierced by a chain azure and in base a branch of laurel proper with a sword
disposed salterwise of the third hilted and pommelled or.'
'For Crest - A pelican with wings displayed pierced by an arrow from behind
all proper and in an scrol over the same this motto "Moriens sed invictus" ‘.
The meaning is "Dying, but unconquered".
In 1958, James Gammell petitioned for and was granted Arms by the Lord
Lyon King of Arms as "Gammell of Alrick, Representative of Drumtochty",
and thus acquired the same Coat.